ANST - Bardic

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Jul 21 09:31:24 PDT 1999

Padric wrote:
> At a recent event (I believe it was Loch Guardian) I attended a bardic circle at which several people were passing around a bardic book which contained many well known songs, songs that I have heard before at other bardic circles, the type that "everybody knows". Alas, nobody in the Shire of the Shadowlands knows these songs, but we would like to learn them. I was told that the songs had been printed off the internet, but have been unable to find most of them. I have found many original works, and many filks, but would like to get a collection of these more traditional songs. Alas, my Shire is getting tired of hearing me sing "Born on the List Field" and "The Moose Song". Can anyone help?

You mentioned that you were told these songs might be off of the Internet but didn't
know where. There are a few song files in my Florilegium. I doubt these are
the ones
that you mentioned but perhaps they would be useful. These are in the PERFORMANCE
ARTS section:

SI-songbook1-art  (86K)  5/29/96    A Collection of Scottish and Irish songs,
SI-songbook2-art  (72K)  5/29/96       compiled by Ioseph of Locksley.
SI-songbook3-art  (77K)  5/29/96       (part 3 of 4)
SI-songbook4-art  (86K)  5/29/96       (part 4 of 4)

p-songs-msg       (14K)  1/ 9/96    Period songs and song lyrics.
song-sources-msg  (42K)  5/22/98    Sources for medieval songs. Book reviews.
songs-msg         (48K) 10/13/93    SCA and medieval songs.
songs2-msg        (99K) 12/ 6/95    More songs.

If someone has a another collection of medieval/SCA songs that is in the
public domain
or that they have written and are willing to give permission to use, I would be
interested in considering them for the Florilegium. For instance, I have a copy
of Stephen of the Groves' wonderful songbook. But I believe it was pulled from
circulation because of copyright questions. Thus I have not put it online.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(My Florilegium is at: http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html)