ANST - heavy fighting + heat...

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:41:57 PDT 1999

Heilsa Alexandra...!

You wondered:

>Greetings from a timid yankee tenderfoot newbie who wishes to
>heavyfight...only one problem. HEAT!

You are most Well Come to our fair, but hot and sometimes humid, Kingdom...!

Heat is a problem for all of us. Take it slow, drink loads of water and
_______-aide style drinks, wear cotton under it all to wick sweat away from
the body, wear as little armor as you can stand. Take it slow. Listen to
what your body tells you. No one know better than you what you can and
cannot stand in the way of heat stress... Oh, and did I mention... Take it
slow...!!

>Whilst I build my armor, I can't help but wonder how I'm to survive
>rigorous
>combat while decked out in
>black leather and metal. How do you people do it?

Lots of practice, frequent exposure to the climate...*grin* and more
practicee... Work out without the armor for a while and build up your
resistance to the elements... Drink lots of water...!! Oh, and...take it
slow...!

>Think I'll wait till fall...maybe winter?

Sure...I've seen it 90 F in December... Rare, but not as rare as you'd
think...*bigger grin*

>--Alexandra of Middleford

Wæs Þu Hæl neighbor...!
Kief av Kiersted