ANST - My own words of thanks

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Wed Jul 21 07:49:23 PDT 1999

Greetings everyone, this is Alys, formerly chief entourage to Sara and
Gunthar.

Now that a few weeks have gone by and I have had a chance to sleep a little,
I feel it necessary to write a short note of thanks to the general populous
of Ansteorra.

When we started the reign I warned everyone on the entourage that this was
not a fun and glamorous job.  There would be long hours of work with little
help or recognition, and they should be prepared for that.  Ansteorra proved
me wrong.

Event after event we found help and support from the local populous.  I want
to thank everyone that helped put together the chairs, that cleaned the
dishes, that hung banners, that brought lunch (thinking to include enough
for the entourage who were often too busy to remember to bring their own),
that helped put up our tent, and that offered kind words when we most needed
them.  I want to thank the groups that offered us a couple of  free site
fees that I could assign to members of the entourage, many of whom were
attending more events than they could have otherwise.  I want to thank the
Landed Nobility who all treated us with kindness and respect, and the
members of the Royal family who offered advise and encouragement.

Those of you that know me know that I was not born in Ansteorra, but grew up
in the East.  Although I may never be a Texan, it is acts like these that
make me proud to say I am an Ansteorran.

Thank you.

Alys.
Barbara Weiszbrod
Supplier Quality Assurance