ANST - Found at Warlord

marsha.greene at mpan.com marsha.greene at mpan.com
Tue Jun 1 08:51:23 PDT 1999

The Kingdom has an award for children in the SCA, known as the 'Rising Star
of Ansteorra'... perhaps if the parents and friends of these two children
who rescued the dog wrote to the Crown of their actions, something formal
could be done for the children.  The award does not carry an AOA, but
recognizes children who espouse the behaviors and actions of the best of
the SCA.   Many of the children who receive this award work and play as
hard or harder than any adult in this society.

And as was mentioned in another post.. the waterbearers at Warlord were
wonderful... every 20 min or more often, another child would wander by and
offer water to the populace along the list field.  Those kids that did
waterbearing were great, and I had wished I has some frozen goodies packed
in my ice chest to give them as a thank you (chocolate, fruit)... I'll be
better prepared next time.   Those children can also be written up for the
award of the 'Rising Star'.

And if your branch has a childs service award in your Canton/Shire/Barony,
consider writing recommendations for one of those.    The future of
Ansteorra looks bright, if these kids are any indication.    Keep up the
good work.
Hillary Greenslade  Westgate

"karl muller" <apophysis at hotmail.com> on 06/01/99 09:15:20 AM

Please respond to ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG