ANST - Eldern XXI

Bowen wweir at postoffice.swbell.net
Tue Jun 22 21:31:19 PDT 1999

Another possibility for referring to calling by telephone is to say that you
sent a messenger.
Finding creative period ways to describe 20th century events and objects can
be part of the fun.
I use the time on the way to events to think about how I would describe what I
have really been doing in my life in medieval terms. As for my conveyance, if
I am traveling by myself, I came by horse, if I am traveling with a group, I
came by wagon.

The language we use does effect those around us. Some people don't mind the
fantasy language, and some find it jarring. The words you use can add to the
medieval ambience, or they can detract. You have to choose which you want to do.

Celeste de Montomorency wrote:

snipped

 As for the words like dragon and farspeaker, I like them.  I'd much