ANST - Running lists

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Wed Jun 23 20:14:24 PDT 1999

Greetings!

>Wouldn't Baron Drake still be near the top, even after being knighted? Again
>this was something I wasn't aware of and it does add some randomness.

Actually, Baron Sir Drake now ranks lower since he has been knighted and
stepped down as Baron of Bonwicke. He is still a Court Baron, which ranks
above the other Grants and below the Peerages.

>Then the later rounds are more open to manipulation than I thought. You are
>saying the crown actually picks who will fight who in the later rounds?

>Lord Stefan li Rous
>stefan at texas.net

The Crown can if they wish. That's one of the "bennies" of being Crown.
Heck, the Crown could say the Tourney will be fought spear only, or
left-hand single sword. They do that in other kingdoms. But the fighter
still has to win the fight, and once you're past the second round, the level
of prowess rises dramaticaly. This Crown's final four were HRH Daffyd,Sir
Godwin, Sir Alexis, and, most humbly, myself. Last one was HRM Gunthar, Duke
Kein, Duke Jean Richard, and Baron Drake.

I mean, come on, how can you stack a list against or for any one of those
fighters?

Timo