ANST - Crown Turney

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Sat Jun 26 09:43:21 PDT 1999

I find the category of "best man" (or "person") to be impossible to predict in
the retrospective fashion that you present below.  People who are -supposed- to
win, often fail to do so in any sort of competition, for a variety of reasons.
As a result, the impact of a Duke participating in early rounds on ANY
PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL'S chances of otherwise staying in the tourney and
ultimately winning, is probably not determinable.  However, this practice -does-
give dukes the chance of influencing who goes to the final round or two, if they
themselves "live" that long....

Isobel