ANST - Why am I playng this game?

Franchesca Havas ches at io.com
Fri Jun 4 11:59:59 PDT 1999

I am truly sorry that you had to witness this. I do not know what all the
situation is but I have seen similar displays through the years, all in
public. I once asked a peer how to handle such a situation and I was told
that in such cases the best thing to do is to go to the crown and humbly
state that you have just witnessed a disturbing display of behavior in
public that may have harmed the image of our game in the eyes of non-sca
members as well as members. At that point it is in their hands to take the
ball and step in where we have no place to stand, we are not peers. What we
as members can do is to learn from what we saw and to never repeat it, in
words or deeds. It is by example that we lead, we are not better than
others, just more in control of our emotions.

Sincerely,
F. Havas
Dallas, Texas