ANST - Why am I playng this game?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 4 12:40:30 PDT 1999

Garrett, Chris (GarretC at cobra.netsolve.net) said something that sounded like:
> I believe that this message has been ignored, I think it shows that we would
> rather just pretend that someone who has taken the time and effort to
> achieve peerage in our society should be something more than human.

Personally I have not ignored this message, and have saved it in my queue.

The reason I have done this is the fact that I am going to watch this
thread very closely.

As long as we discuss this with calm and careful consideration, I am a
very happy list master. Once names are placed with it and accusations
made, I will no longer be happy.

It is a tragedy that this incident happened. It is a tragedy that
someone had to witness it. Unfortunately none of us can possibly know,
unless we were directly involved, what the motives, situation or outcome
of the particular altercation. It is also unfortunately that the people
within our Society are not perfect, particularly those that we hold in
high regard.

I hope that we continue to discuss this topic calmly and rationally.

I also hope that the original poster realizes that no matter what our
ideals are for this game, that most of the people participating in it
are still human and fallible.

Ciao,