ANST - Why am I playng this game?

Garrett, Chris GarretC at cobra.netsolve.net
Fri Jun 4 12:17:31 PDT 1999

I believe that this message has been ignored, I think it shows that we would
rather just pretend that someone who has taken the time and effort to
achieve peerage in our society should be something more than human. They are
not. Some people have so much respect for the peers that they don't have any
left for themselves, and question why should They get involved.

I don't care if you are a peer, or just a sometimes player, if you act this
way you have given up any right you ever had to the common courtesy and the
"Higher Road" that we try to follow. There are proper ways to deal with even
the most serious problems in our Society, screaming at each other is not one
of them.

I really don't have any solutions to offer, but I think a good place to
start is here, in this list, even the most entrenched practices can be
changed if enough people stand against them.

Try to remember that your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes,
and keeping this in mind, you may find a way to make them your friend,
and barring that, to kill them quickly, and without hate.

Ashril Khebtu'ut Khan
Squire to Sir Maxmillian
Meddling where he doesn't belong (again)