ANST - Restrictions on Reigns

Steafanmac at aol.com Steafanmac at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 17:05:52 PDT 1999

Many Ansteorrans, most recently Baroness Hillary, wrote words to this effect:

>  I would suggest that instead of the BOD making a blanket policy that would
affect
>  all Kingdom's, that those Kingdom's that are having specific problems add
>  changes to their Kingdom Law.

(OK, so Hillary actually wrote the words above, but others had the same idea.)

Earlier in this thread, I commented that reigns be restricted so that
Counts/Countesses must wait out one reign between their last and their next
reigns, and Dukes/Duchesses should wait out two.  I'd like to amend those
words to include the thoughts of Her Excellency above - that in those
kingdoms having problems with frequent rulers, this might be a good
suggestion, but let those kingdoms decide for themselves if such restrictions
are necessary.  Even as I wrote my original words, I wondered why I was
speaking out for such a blanket policy, when such a situation clearly did not
exist in my home kingdom.  (I think my words were closer to "Cool idea,
there, Stevo, but I never seen anything like this here in Ansteorra.")

Please consider my earlier opinion retracted for correction and amendment,
with thanks to all who helped sway my thinking.

In your service,
Lord Stephen Macthomas
Gate's Edge