ANST - limits on reigns

Thu Jun 24 04:02:18 PDT 1999

> > No, that's a bad idea.  It's too easy for local politics to control
> > who gets to organize events.
>
> I know that our shire holds two calender events a year and we have held as
> many as two kingdom events in addition to those two. The autocrat/stewards
> are selected by the seneschal after submitting a bid to do the event. It
> still could leave a little room for local politics but not necessarily a
> lot. Besides the seneschal's warrant ends after two years.
>

> Eirik

The problem is not one person, but having a clique which controls the key
offices by rotating them between the members of the clique for years on end.
This is a fairly common problem as a shire grows and political interests
start aligning.  It's real interesting when 40 or 50 people create an
instant shire.

Bear