ANST - Sniping in Classes

R. Smith russ at smith.provalue.net
Thu Jun 24 20:51:07 PDT 1999

Pug wrote:

> Steve Hughes (shughes at vvm.com) said something that sounded like:
> > I realize that they were just curious and
> > did not know me. They were all very nice, but I really would have
> > appreciated some warning that I might have celebrity drop ins.
>
> I would think that people would assume that they might have someone like
> this drop in.
>
> Not only is it one way to figure out is someone is deserving of
> recognition in a field for their expertise, but it allows those people
> more advanced to see new methods of not only the art form but of
> teaching as well.

While this is all true, I think what was unnerving (if I may speak for
Lady Pamela, sorry about that) was having such an imbalance; one likely
expects, you know, more students per se than otherwise.

On the other hand, I was the one actual student she mentioned, and frankly,
I enjoyed the class a lot; there was no struggle for who was teaching the
class (nor did Lady Pamela claim there was, of course) and viewpoints were
heard and I was highly, highly edified.  Huzzah for Pamela the Harper being
able to cope with the influx of, as it was just put, advanced people, and
huzzah for His Excellency Aethelstan, Lord Darius, and Master Ulf for
demonstrating so aptly that you can do exactly as Pug suggests without
"sniping".

Tighearnach mac Morgain
Herald and bonnie well edified Bardic Neophyte
Shire of Mooneschadowe