ANST - Restrictions on Reigns

Pat Mullins padric at astrosfan.net
Thu Jun 24 22:55:09 PDT 1999

Joel Schumacher wrote:

>I was at the Crown Tourney where Barn (from OK) won.  I forget exactly
>where it was held.  Probably a couple hours south of Dallas.
>
>Duke Mikael (also from OK) was there and used his ducal perogative to
>withdraw in the late rounds.
>
>Two hours south of Dallas is hardly Duke Mikael's "back yard".

>Yes, I can see why somebody would decide the burden of crown is too
>great.  But the original question wasn't why he wouldn't enter.  It
>was why would you enter, then quit, as Duke Mikael did?
>
>I've only been to a few Crown Tourneys, so I don't mean to single out
>Duke Mikael.  He's just the only one I personally witnessed do it.
>I would guess he's not the only duke who's done this outside of his
>own "back yard".

The Crown Tourney you mention was fought at Raven's Fort.Duke Mikael was not the only Duke to claim Ducal prerogative at that tourney. Duke Kein, from Bryn Gwlad,  did it as well. A little closer to his backyard, (at least the same region) but still...

>-Karl von Augsburg

Padric

Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net and have the chance to win a free laptop computer!