ANST - need for kings

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 28 09:39:35 PDT 1999

>let's face it folk. the king is just a focal point. the flag the troops
>rally under. the shiny armour we hold up and aspire to fill. the king is
the
>one we endow with all the ideals of the game. we want them to perfect. just
>like it was back then.
>but it's the seneshals who do all the work.

>km

Not to be disagreeable but....I disagree.

I have held both positions; been Crown and Kingdom seneschal.  Let me tell
you, it is like night and day.  There is a _lot_ of work in being seneschal;
a lot of administrative duties and a lot of legwork to keep everything
running.  But it was _still_ not as much work as being Crown, and generated
much less stress and pressure.

Graf Galen Kirchenbauer