ANST - Crown topics

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Mon Jun 28 21:34:14 PDT 1999

Greetings

Padric wrote....
>Using your Wimbledon analogy, If the number one seed won three rounds of
tennis, then decided to withdraw just because she didn't want to win the
tourney, she would face censure and stiff fines from both Wimbledon and the
pro tennis tour governing boards....

they are playing for money, Padric.

>If the best won their way through the regional, then declined to attend the
Final Four, their athletic department would get an investigation by the
NCAA, and the second place finisher would advance to the Final Four.

they are playing for money, too. (to the colleges, if not the players)

>They don't let NBA teams compete at the sub-regional or regional NCAA level
just to make sure a fluke team from the bottom of the bracket doesn't upset
a favorite. They let the chips fall where they may, between 64 teams that
ALL WANT TO WIN.

So you're compareing Dukes fighting everyone else, to NBA teams playing NCAA
teams?

Ya'know, I've seen a Duke get beaten before (gasp). It happens, really.

Timo