ANST - VIVAT!

Matthew Kies highlycafeinated at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 15:32:33 PST 1999

hello fine folks of ansteorra---

as was most recently pointed out (see below), the common usage of latin
in our fine kingdom stinks somethin ferocious... not only would "vivant"
[wee wunt] be more correct than "vivat" [wee wut], but to be accurate,
you are not usually meaning "they live" or "he/she/it lives"... usually
what you are doing is wishing them well, or congratulations, a long
life... in which case any of the following are appropriate:(singular)
"VIVE" [wee way] (PLURAL) "VIVETE" [wee wa tay]
                       "SALVE" [sul way]     "SALVETE" [sul way tay]

or you could simply say thank you with a "benigne" [bay neeg nay]...

valete,
Pontifex Linguae Maximus
aka Theo Dallas,
Mizuiro Michimoto,