ANST - doin' the apathy wave?

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Tue Mar 2 19:34:03 PST 1999

Every year before Gulf Wars various people start whining "I don't wanna
go".  It usually hits me the day before we leave, François a couple days
before as we're packing.  This year I've noticed that it's hitting lots
more people earlier; some as long as a month ago.  That's not to say
that we really don't want to go...once we get there everything is fine.
It's just all the blessed work leading up to it -- sewing,
patching/sealing tents, fixing armor, cooking/freezing (in our case food
for a week for almost 20 people), etc., etc.  Is it really more
widespread this year?  How do other folks get through it?  Any idea
what's different this year?  I think it may be the added day.

--Perronnelle

--
Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of
learning.