ANST - Irish Pronunciation

Quest Quest at 1starnet.com
Wed Mar 3 06:30:45 PST 1999

Greetings,

I am in the process of selecting my SCA name and have been following
the links from the main SCA site to find appropriate prospects.  I
have put together a name I like, but I am not certain I have
constructed it correctly.

I have read that it is incorrect to refer to spoken Irish as Gaelic.
Gaelic encompasses Irish, Welsh, Scottish, and Manx, and the Irish
dialect is referred to as Irish or Gaeilge, but I cannot find a
pronunciation guide that includes given names.

The name I have tenatively chosen is Aife Binnech ingen Liath.
Alternately, I also like Annora, Elisant, Ravenild, Brecc, Aine,
Elige, and Erennach.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me learn to pronounce these
correctly, and let me know if my construction/usage looks correct.

Thank you,

~ Rebecca