ANST - Boffer Combat Thoughts

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 13:54:30 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

says:

>I am pretty confident that this was only an oversight -- or do you
really think that *only* boys will be playing with boffer combat?  ;-)

And a pretty silly oversight it would be, considering I tried to get two
of my girls into armor when they were 16.  Sorry if I gave the
impression I was assuming the kids in question would be male.

The hormone largely responsible for aggressive behavior and competitive
physical responses in girls is *still* testosterone (in much smaller
amounts, granted).  Nonetheless, perhaps it would be more universally
correct to say simply that the average teenager's physical coordination,
control, and restraint are not as sophisticated as that of their adult
counterparts.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace