ANST - Boffer Combat Thoughts

CADET1313 at aol.com CADET1313 at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 16:11:05 PST 1999

The blades that I am working on are boffer rapiers. there will be NO size 0
foils used for "ultra-light weapons". So worry not about that :o)

Pieter
PS I think that your right. Starting rapier fighting with real blades (foils)
so your underwear can fight will never pass. ( "Smalls" is an Elizabethen word
for underware, the term for children was ...... children  :o)  ) That was a
joke but a joke about a pet peev of mine.

<<

 >Shouldn't we have a second track that gradually leads to rapier if
 we're
 >going to have one that leads to chiv.?  [This would be possible to do
 since
 >shorter blades and smaller masks are made for children as young as age
 5.
 >And afterall, a little kid is going to want to do what mommy or daddy
 is
 >doing.]

 I wouldn't advocate, nor would I think any one else would, want to
 consider the use of fencing for young children.  Which I have experience
 on as well.  But with all of the problems the SCA has had trying to get
 Rapier combat standardized, and approved...it would be a hell of a fight
 to get it done for smalls.

 As for a 'rapier' track.  I'm sure a sutable boffer like 'rapier' could
 be constructed for certain youths to experience that form of fighting.

 Yours in service,

 Sabishii Okami
 (Steppes)