ANST - war rain

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 13 12:16:56 PST 1999

harry billings wrote:

> The line between valor and insanity is very fine and often can not be see
> till after the fact. May Duke Kein's be seen as valor in retrospect.
>

> >According to Mistress Meadhbh, they cancelled the war because lightning
> >struck the fighting field.  Duke Kein is refusing to leave.
> >
> >Mirrim
> >
> Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra;

If lightning struck the field, it did so after I left, and I left after
it was cancelled.  I was standing next to his Majesty as he discussed
this with HRM Tirmaris, and the decision was made.  The fighting _was_
cancelled because there was quite a bit of lightning in the sky, and his
majesty refused to put his subjects at risk.  This was obviously a very
difficult decision for him, I am sure that he wanted to be out there as
badly as any of us. And believe me...there were a number of us foolish
enough to take the field for King and country regardless of the weather
(yes, including me, call me crazy).  But most of us decided that even if
we were crazy enough to go out and fight for Ansteorra and our King, we
weren't crazy enough to do so for pick-up fights. But there werte those
who were.  Just as I was packing up, the heralds came through announcing
that their majesties Meridies, and the autocrat, and Meridian seneschal
had ordered that there be no more fighting outdoors!

As to Kein, he is (I beleive) refusing to leave the site...not the
field.  He is a man determined, not crazy, and is awaiting a break in
the weather I am sure. I debated long and hard before leaving,  it was a
hard decision. But in the end it just appeared that there would be no
improvement in the weather, and I saw no way I could further serve,
except to get out before the _really_ bad weather hit and I had to have
assistance to even get off site.  As it was, the roads were already mush
and some people had to get tow trucks to pull their vehicles out of the
parking area.

Graf Galen K.

--
Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel