ANST - Ansteorran Uniforms? No!

Gumbputt at aol.com Gumbputt at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 13:29:30 PST 1999

"j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at realtime.net> writes:

>what if a persons particular culture / persona or their personal belief
system
>does not  allow such ???? .... there is a big diffrence between warrior
mindset
>and that of soldier.

Livery took many forms.  Jupons, surcoats, tabards, baldrics, and caps were
but a few.  No one is asking you to wear a uniform when you wear livery.  But
if you swear fealty to someone then you darn well better be willing to wear
their livery... and fealty is part of the game we play.  While the King would
be well within his rights to say, "If you will not wear my livery or the
livery of one in fealty to me, then you will not fight in my army," this would
in reality be very foolish for a King to say because this is a game we play
for fun, and far too many toes would be smashed by a statement like this.

In a sense, a piece of yellow tape on your helmet could be livery.

>'wolf
>... keltoi do NOT wear uniforms

But they DO wear livery, after a fashion.

Ld George