ANST - Ansteorran Uniforms? No!

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Mar 17 15:35:24 PST 1999

On 17 Mar 99, at 16:29, Gumbputt at aol.com wrote:

> Livery took many forms.  Jupons, surcoats, tabards, baldrics, and caps
> were but a few.  No one is asking you to wear a uniform when you wear
> livery.  But if you swear fealty to someone then you darn well better be
> willing to wear their livery... and fealty is part of the game we play.

ahhh, but what about us that do not / can not swear fealty to insitutions,
only to individuals... who may, or may not be in favor / power at the
moment.  that's also a well established part of "the game".

> While the King would be well within his rights to say, "If you will not
> wear my livery or the livery of one in fealty to me, then you will not
> fight in my army," this would in reality be very foolish for a King to say
> because this is a game we play for fun, and far too many toes would be
> smashed by a statement like this.

no problem, then you just play the mercenary card and see who does want
those services ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves