ANST - Boffer guidelines...

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Sun Mar 7 09:11:05 PST 1999

>> As for madhus, why teach our children bad habits?  We're recreating
>> medieval Europe, not the African bush.  Madhus would be terrific if our
>> opponents weren't armored.
> We see a Madhus on the turnie field from time to time and they can
> be quite effective if your opponet is not paying attenition.

Another argument in favor of mahdu: only consistently permitted
offensive shield form I am aware of for SCA heavy weapons.
As such, it can "stand-in" for all those lovely spiked / edged /
otherwise "gimmicked" shields that certain sources seem to
indicate were a mainstay of "exhibition" (and possibly "special
forces") combatants.

YMMV

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com