ANST - (Sigh)

Mirrim mirrim at moritu.net
Fri Mar 12 14:40:15 PST 1999

> Soapbox time- I think we need to really look at the scheduling for next
> year. As a teacher and a parent, there are no wars that I can attend
> because they are all scheduled during the school year. Many parents have
> to decide whether to attend or pull their kids out of school for both GW
> and Pennsic. We say, sometimes :) that we are a family-oriented
> organization. Let's put our money where our mouth is and have wars when
> families can attend.

Check into War of the Lilies in Calontir.  It is near Kansas City KS in
late June.  I haven't been but I want to go (maybe next year).  Nothing
starts before 10 AM.  Classes during the day, fighting after 5 PM when
it's cooling off, and there is swimming.  Pets are allowed.  The site fee
for the entire week is ridiculously low compared to other wars ($25 ?).  I
have some friends who have been and they loved it.  From Austin, it's only
about 3 hrs longer drive than to GW.

Mirrim

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it's expressed in the choices one makes.
In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves."
Eleanor Rooseveldt