ANST - (Sigh)

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 12 14:27:29 PST 1999

Gio wrote:
>You know, that's a very good point, and one that I have
>heard before.  I could have sworn that when GW started,
>it was the 3rd weekend in March.  When did it move to
>the 2nd weekend?

I attended 2, 3, and 4 and they were during our spring break. I was
surprised when I returned and found out that
it had changed. I was told that the reason was because was supposed to fall
on the weekend closest to St. Patrick's day and since it was a Wednesday
this year they chose the weekend before. Doesn't make sense to me but that
was what I was told.

Soapbox time- I think we need to really look at the scheduling for next
year. As a teacher and a parent, there are no wars that I can attend because
they are all scheduled during the school year. Many parents have to decide
whether to attend or pull their kids out of school for both GW and Pennsic.
We say, sometimes :) that we are a family-oriented organization. Let's put
our money where our mouth is and have wars when families can attend.

Sorry for the rant but I was REALLY disappointed when I came back. I was
supposed to meet several Drachenwald friends at the war.

Ysabeau of Prague
Bryn Gwlad