ANST - Re: Wanted--hyperkinetic warriors

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Mar 26 06:39:47 PST 1999

Sir Kief said:
> Exactly how far back did you go...??!! I've been in over 15 years and
> there has always been at least 1 event per weekend usually 2...or...
>
> >Lord Stefan li Rous (relative newcomer having only been in nine years)

I'm not sure what years folks were talking of when I heard this. It was
apparently when there were only a half dozen groups in Texas and maybe
only one or two in Oklahoma. Maybe when Ansteorra was still a principality.
Similar comments have come up when debating principalities. It would be
nice if someone who had the records could chart the event growth over
the past 25 years.

When I first joined, many events still had something planned on Sunday
morning. But I seem to remember that dying out within a year or two
after I joined.

I wish anyone trying to start this back up the best of luck. It wasn't
more than a few years ago that I had thought this would be a good thing.
At one time the Barony of Bryn Gwlad had an active Sunday afternoon
fighter practice. I can remember going to fighter practice on the way
home from events. Stopping there first before even going home. Now that
fighter practice has died and lack of time was one of the reasons that
people stated when asked why they didn't come to Sunday fighter practice
any more.

I remember at the last BG fall event everyone twiddling their fingers
waiting for a peerage circle or some such to finish so we could have
closing court and take down camp while there were still some folks
left. Perhaps a small tournement, informal or otherwise, might have
been useful here.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra