ANST - Period Scams?

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Mar 30 12:55:56 PST 1999

I don't know about period scams, but it seems to me that the atmosphere of London in the late 1500 at least, when
anyone with access to a printing press was a publisher, was similar to that of today's internet traffic, though
quite a bit slower.  Inflammatory publications were often followed by any number of rebuttals.  Legends built
around folk heros and tall tales loosely based on town characters, took on a life of their own....

Isobel