ANST - Period Scams?

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Tue Mar 30 15:18:23 PST 1999

Manfred Wolf (one of my favorite peace-makers) wrote:

> does anyone know of a medieval equivalent of a chainletter or get-rich-quick scam?

> [Psssst... wanna buy a piece of the true cross?  How about one of Saint Michael's pinfeathers?]

Many years ago I was at Quest for the Clover (or was it Black, White,
and Sort of Gray?) in Raven's Fort while forty of our closest male
friends entertained my soon-to-be-husband Michael at his bachelor's
party. (Ask him sometime about the big "K" that got shaved into his
chest hair...) That year Pavel and Gruggi were giving away Pieces of the
True Cross. When they found out I was about to get married they gave me
(for free!) Shavings of the True Cross, in a blue bag with a few plastic
pearls sewn onto it. I kept them for years in my silverware drawer, and
we've now been married for EIGHT years. I think I'll auction them off
when we hit ten.

Does anyone still have any Pieces of the True Cooler? That was a pretty
good story.

Neassa