ANST - SCA - 35 year ???

Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra kingsen at ionet.net
Sun May 2 20:12:22 PDT 1999

At 08:12 PM 5/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Have they been having celebrations every 5 years? What has been the turn ou,
>increasing each time, increased at first, but steady the last 2, 3 times?
>If it is increasing then lets do it every 5 years.
>Also every 5 years means more often and more places it can be held. Then it
>can be close to at least some of the populace more often.
>
>>Greetings to the populace of virtual Ansteorra,
>>
>>I have been asked to pass on the following question from the BOD.
>>
>>Should the SCA plan to have a 35 year celebration or should the SCA only
>>hold one every 10 years with 25 and 75 being special cases.  I would like
>>for everyone who has an opinion on this to either post it to the list or
>>email me directly.        Thanks.
>>
>Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra; play
>nice, have fun

The first one that I can remember was 20 years held down by Stargate.  @5
year was held  close to Bryn Gwlad.  Both were autocrated by HG Sir Sigmund
the Wingfooted.  The 30 year celebration was held in the Kingdom of An Tir.
As to turn out I think that 20 had a large turnout than 25 if you allow for
the population growth in the SCA at the time.  I do not know about 30th.  I
know that Galen and Rebecca attended 30th year as Ansteorra's Crown,
perhaps they can speak about the event.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald , OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra