ANST - SCA - 35 year ???

D Arrington strmridr at my-dejanews.com
Wed May 5 06:30:01 PDT 1999

Populace of Ansteorra,

My two pence worth, but personally, I don't think we should be running the gatherings every 5 years - let's stick to 10 years, with exceptions for 25 and 75.  My reason is this - with the great gatherings or celebrations happening every 5 years, they're bound to quickly become less and less meaningful.  I remember the TFYC with fond memories, but with this type of event happening too often, I can actually see myself saying "Ah, I'll just catch the next one"; I don't think I'd be completely alone here either.  When the big events in our lives become as commonplace as leaves in the forest, you tend not to notice them as much.  Some folks have voiced the opinion of "Hey, it's another reason to party."  I respect that, but I've also noticed that unless you live on the Artic icecap or in Drachenwald, you can usually find an event that's within driving distance on almost any given weekend.  There's plenty of parties to go around, so let's keep these great gatherings a little more far between.  And special.

Sorry to get all slobbery over this...

Thorgrim (111 days remaining on voyage)
Now pillaging the remains of the Ottoman Empire for his Uncle Samgrim...

---
"Madness in great ones, must not unwatched go."
             - Shakespeare

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums