ANST - SCA - 35 year ???

Robert_Smetek at veritasdgc.com Robert_Smetek at veritasdgc.com
Wed May 5 06:47:09 PDT 1999

Howdy,

Thorgrim said ...
>I can actually see myself saying "Ah, I'll just catch the next >one"

What if the next one is to far to drive?
What if the last one was too?
What if you aren't made of money?
You would have to wait that much longer just to go.
This is an SCA wide event, isn't it?
You never know who's going to host the next one a decade later.
Some people were saying how they had to decide where to go when two big
events that happen out of kingdom happened at the same time.
What about those of us who have to decide if they can afford the event 2
hours away.
Some of us have to wait till it's in our relative area (aka one state
over).
After hearing all of the stories of war for the past 8 years, I had the
time of my life when, after saving a full year, I finaly had enough money
to drive to Gulf Wars.
If the event was every 5 years, it might get a little boring to those who
can aford to go every time, but it would give those of us who never get out
of the kingdom a better chance to witness history.

Please don't flame my opinion to much, :)

Lord BlackAngus McNeil
Head of the House of the Meandering Bovines