ANST - A&S - does utility count?

Weiszbrod, Barbara Ann (Barbara)** CTR ** baw2 at lucent.com
Mon May 10 12:29:34 PDT 1999

> Estrill wrote:
>
>  I feel that I should be able to place an a&s gizmo on a table with the
> documentation beside it.

I have asked a couple of Laurels why marketing should be involved in the
judging.  The answer that I have received from all of them (and they were
from different regions, different backgrounds) is that too many people were
making it difficult to judge their work fairly.  Cloths were being entered
dirty, or just thrown on the table in a lump, and at "body of work"
competitions they were too often having to dig through a pile of stuff to
see what was on display.  If this is the case than I can understand wanting
to some how encourage people to display in such a way that shows pride in
their work and lets the judge easily see the work itself.

I am still not convinced that the display points are the answer, but I
better understand their reasoning.

Alys
Steppes