ANST - Event Steward vs Autocrat

Leofric Ealdricson lealdricson at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 15:36:35 PDT 1999

Gilli wrote
>Thank you all for the wonderful education.  However, I may have some
>difficulty appling it.  Ever know some one for a while then they decide to
>change their name?  Little tough breaking the habit of calling them by
>their
>old name?  I fear 20 plus years of autocrat may be hard to break.

Gilli

Actually, I think that the Shire of Middleford did more with one event
announcement to further this cause than anything that I have seen in a
while.  And if I am not mistaken, you had something to do with that event.

I cannot remember the event name, but it was several years ago.  The theme
of the announcement was the event being held in a costal city.  The event
steward was, I believe, the Warden of the Port.  The other gentles running
the event had similarly inventive titles that were period and stuck the the
'Port' theme.  The titles, although unfamiliar, were worded so that it was
not hard to translate in your mind what each person was doing.

Although I was unable to attend that event, I really enjoyed reading the
event announcement.

Master Leofric