ANST - Tied to the pole- feet to the flame

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri May 21 22:30:46 PDT 1999

On 21 May 99, at 22:10, Baronman at aol.com wrote:

> armour and show us what made them great?  I would!  I have often thought
> how I would like to some day sponsor a gray beard tourney.  I know I never
> will but the thought of some of our great older knights competing against
> each other in a tourney makes me drool.  The things I could learn just by
> watching.  I am enough of a realist to know that review of ability for
> maintaining a peerager will never happen, but I think it still is a
> subject that can be brought up and discussed. Remember- you won't always
> be

ahh, a point to rememember, that while the "silverbacks" have wisdom garnered
form the life of a survivor, time does change a person pyhsically ... why
penalize them because of the natural course of aging when you slow down, don't
heal as fast, joints start deterorating, have less desire to incur damage, etc
... are they any less the knight/master they were simply because they have aged
a bit and can't compete at the level they use dto be able to compete at ????.

was always taught that a "knight/master" was more than a simple "stick jock"
... knighthood should transcend ageing, physical changes .... the martial
aspects that led to knight/master-hood are pnly one facet that got the person
there. of the knights/masters i know, while the martial aspects of themsleves
are significant, the other aspects of the persons are what has always impressed
this one ...

on a purely practical, modern, real-world what-if scenario ... a knight has his
peerage taken away because he can no longer compete due to age issue, they
exception, get no internal relief, and goes outside and sues the organization
in retaliation ... common in corporate society and we are such.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)