ANST - Competing...

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Sun May 23 10:22:07 PDT 1999

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Btw, I've seen many events where they are newcomer friendly, either for
> the A&S competition as a whole or in part. If I remember right, even
> Steppes Warlord has a newcomers/first-time category. These are not that
> far out of the ordinary, they just may not be advertised as such
> beforehand.

Several years ago Tempio used to run such A&S comps.  There was a
newcomer's/first time style catagory and the "Open" catagory.  Tempio
also used to have a "populace" vote style where the people at the event
choose their favorite entry in each catagory.  Comment sheets were
available for those who wanted feedback on their works.  IMO hese are
less "intimidating" for new artisans.

Moriel***