ANST - Officers....

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Sun May 23 18:45:02 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/23/99 9:02:45 AM Central Daylight Time, pug at pug.net
writes:

> I do not know how we address it [getting new people to serve as officers]
as a
> group though.

I became a local officer by serving first as a deputy.  Then when I became a
local officer, I recruited deputies and trained them to do the job -- I broke
the job up and had them actually do part(s) of it.  Some decided they wanted
no part of this, just as I decided not to apply for a couple of the positions
I deputized for.  That saved us all from a bad experience.  When I was ready
to step down, applicants were ready.

I plan to do the same thing now that I'm Asterisk Herald. I've had the job
4.5 months, so I've almost got it figured out well enough start sub-dividing
it and giving out real responsibility instead of just having people help with
one station on a mass-production line.  (Not that I'm not grateful for the
mass production!  Thanks, Stephan and Seren!)

Kathri da Feltre, Asterisk
kathri at aol.com