ANST - [Fwd: RN- Gulf War date corrections]

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 19:19:39 PDT 1999

Heilsa Dame Fianna, Sister in Arms and in Service...

You have given us this reason for changing the dates for Gulf War:

>The site owner who agreed to the original dates (March 14-19) back in late
>January, discovered in early May that the University of Mississippi had
>scheduled next year's Spring Break for March 6-12. Because he is a teacher,
>and so many of his staff are affiliated with the University and/or the
>local
>school system, he asked that we change the dates to March 6-12. This change
>permits the site owner to be present and available to support the War - a
>factor that must be weighed heavily considering the size of the event.

True, Good my Sister, it is a factor that must be considered. But not the
only factor. Are we are are we not signatories to a contract with the site
owner that specifies the dates for Gulf War? If so, then why was this
Kingdom's Crown, Seneschal, Marshal, and Populace not consulted or informed
of the possible change?

As Earl Marshal of Ansteorra I would have liked to know that there was even
the possibility for a change to the dates.

>From what I can see a very large number of people in this Kingdom have some
type of problem with the new dates. I respectfully submit that the date
change be seriously reconsidered.

>I offer my personal apologies to all inconvenienced.

Thank you for your sincere apology, it's not your fault.

However, I respectfully submit that there may well be a great many
Ansteorrans that will now not attend next year's Gulf War because of this
very untimely and unannounced change of dates. Again, I respectfully request
that a date change back to the original dates be very seriously considered.

>Dame Fianna nic Dhaibhidh
>autocrat Gulf Wars, 2000

Waes Thu Hael kinfolk...
Sir Arenvald Kief av Kiersted, Baron Raven's Fort (ret.) OP, Lion of
Ansteorra.
Earl Marshal Ansteorra
Better the Hammer than the nail..."

cc: