ANST - Dog Barding

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed May 5 22:29:34 PDT 1999

On 5 May 99, at 22:10, charmchase at mindspring.com wrote:

> There is a museum in Ohio that does have a suit of dog plate.

what city????  would like to track down that reference

> Also on the cover of the Hound and Hawk is a picture of the Maximillian
> tapistry with an Alunt wearing a type of body armor while it is attacking
> a boar. In the inner illustrations of the same book there are a few other
> pictures of dog armor. There is a Flemmish minature(I'm trying to find it
> again) of a knight on a horse with blue and red barding, his greyhound
> runs before the horse with a matching cape on.

Hound and Hawk is a book on medieval hunting?  and what breed is a
"Alunt", not familiar with it.

for those interested in early period, a particular favorite of mine may be of
interest ....

_Hounds and Hunting in Ancient Greece_
Denison Bingham Hull

'wolf