ANST - A&S - does utility count?

Darlene Vandever blaan at flash.net
Sun May 9 14:50:31 PDT 1999

Fopdejour1 at aol.com wrote:

>  But I take it from the comments in this thread that it either
> hasn't
>  been done or is not done on a kingdom wide basis.  I'm sure I will be
> corrected
>  if I am wrong.  :) >>
>
> Ummm......Anne, this was done about a year ago, by....guess who, the Laurels.

i *told* you I'd be corrected!  :)

>  Ironicly, these
> are much like what you described in your post.

Not ironic at all.  Just shows that the human mind works the same way no matter
what or where.

> The interesting thing is that
> these judging sheets were distributed to regional A&S ministers to
> disseminate to their locals.

Ah...well, it may have been told to me by my lovely Lady Simone, but like so many
of us, if Ihave slept since then, it may have managed to escape into the void.

>  I suspect that if the judging
> sheets are not being used at your local A&S competitions, you need to address
> your concern to your local A&S minister.

  We only hold one event a year....MidSummer Faire IX will be held at St. Thomas
Aquinas church in Houston on June 12 (shameless plug) and we have always done a
"populace vote" for the best entry in A&S.  Stargate holds lots of events with A&s
and it may be that the judging forms are used there.  I will have to look.  I gave
up A&s years ago when it came clear that my talents lay in service instead of the
arts.  My pitiful efforts were so bad that I wince to think I ever had the
"hutzpa" to enter them in the first place.  Other than my herbalism that is...but
then Mother Nature makes those entries for me, I jsut put them together after She
gets done with them.  :)

Thanks for the info.

Hl Annes