ANST - Bare Table A & S

Donald Riney dariusobells at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 15:22:06 PDT 1999

Hmmmm to the point judging the work not the display, well as an artisan and
occaisionaly a judge I whole heartedly agree this has happened in
competition in the past few years, and from both sides of the table, I have
to say the a display that highlights the work in a flashy fasion makes it
remembered easier. weather this is good or bad it is true. I have seen a
very similar circumstance to the one Jovian describes, in a single
competiotion a beutifull piece with excellent docs, and done in period
fasions, and techniques. including period type materials, got lower marks
than one done with non-period techniques, and very modern tools. _The
display did make the difference_ A black cloth competition might yet be very
interesting to see how much of a difference the display really makes across
the board. I would certanly be willing to enter!

HL Darius of the Bells, CIM