ANST - Bare Table A & S

Paul Mitchell 20thYear at Ansteorra.ORG
Mon May 10 15:34:56 PDT 1999

Soon-to-be-Mistress Clarissa wrote:
>As for -in use- display this mightn't always be practical (I wouldn't
>want to stand around for several hours in a dress in one spot). I will
>say that my food displays are done -in use- (the food always disappears
>anyway :).

My suggestion, attractive as it may sound to some (including
me) isn't practical at all.

What I'm talking about is that cooking entries aren't small
samples fed to judges, but meals.  Armor entries are judged
in combat, and beside the listfield.  Costumes are judged
wherever they're worn.  No one would "enter" such a competition,
nor "win" one.  Your entire SCA participation would simply
be one big ongoing body-of-work competition.  You win when
you get your laurel, and then you spend the rest of your
life judging.

Wholly unpractical, exhausting for participants and judges
alike, and highly annoying to the non-participants.

But that's what I'd prefer to what we have now.

- Galen