ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri May 21 10:13:19 PDT 1999

> I do believe that he said event steward, not A&S Coordinator. The event steward should have no appearance of conflict with the judging. Can the knight marshall of a group enter the tourney that he set the rules for? Its not that uncommon.
>
> Ivan the Hedgehog

No, she said A&S event steward. I initially read it as simply "event steward"
the first time I read her message, also.

> 2) A&S event steward competing in the competition.
>
> Sincerely,
> F. Havas

My own opinion is that no, the person running an A&S competition should
NOT enter the competition. The way we judge A&S is too subjective for
this. This person should skip entering the competition, there will be
others in the future. On the other hand, I see no problem with them
putting up their arts on display only.

If I believe that documentation is important, then I will probably set
the rules to encourage it. I will probably also lean towards folks
who also share similar views when I'm looking for judges, consciously
or unconsciously. Likewise, my own entry would also reflect this and
thus have an advantage over those that don't believe this way.

This could be just as true of someone who dispises documentation.
The end result is that to avoid any accusations of real or imagined
bias, the person running the A&S should not also be competing in
the contest.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
stefan at texas.net