ANST - Who decides on tourneys?

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri May 21 13:10:53 PDT 1999

Tuhtahl replied to Martel:

> Martel asks:
> an event?<<
>
> Whomever get draft...<ahem> has the honor of being selected by the steward to
> run that portion of the event. Sometimes the type of tourney is
> selected by the
> steward, by the local landed nobility, or by tradition. Often, it's up to the
> person in charge of the tourney.

> There seems to be a current trend toward this type of tournement, so I
> suspect you'll get your wish...

I think having more period-like tournaments than the standard double-elimination
tornaments is a wonderful idea.

For those who might like to consider putting on such tournaments perhaps
these files in the COMBAT section of my Florilegium might be of interest:

tournaments-art   (36K)  8/16/95    Articles on doing more authentic SCA
                                         tournaments by Arval.
tournaments-msg   (54K)  4/ 2/96    Medieval tournaments.
tourn-ideas-msg   (41K) 10/18/96    Ideas for SCA tornements.

My Florilegium is at: http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html

Along similar lines, there have been some conversations on this list about
list mistressing/ministering. If anyone has written any articles on how to
run and manage lists, I'd be interested in adding your article to the
Florilegium so that others can learn about this. You keep the copyright and
I will update or even remove an article upon a request by the author.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net