ANST - Tied to the pole- feet to the flame

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon May 24 12:44:32 PDT 1999

Melisenda wrote:
> Me and my husband lived in the outlands for about 11 months, and what I
> liked about some of their events was they had winners choosen by populace
> vote and judged.  That way the artisian's work was judged by the judges and
> the populace had a chance to vote and let the artisians know what they
> liked.

<snip>

> I guess what I trying to say is we liked having it judged both ways in one
> competition.

However, there is no reason this populace vote idea can't be done by any
individual at any A&S competition or display.

There is nothing to keep an individual from giving largess or wordfame
to one or more A&S artists. This need not be expensive. A note, a bead,
an incense stick. One I have thought of is the chocolate coins, wrapped
in gold, copper or silver foil that I have recently seen in stores. Yes,
the chocolate is post-period, but it is appreciated by many. And in the
foil it is not obviously mundane. It should work at all but the hottest
Ansteorran events.

There is no reason that such largess need be limited to the static arts,
either. I'm sure you all can find some performers who are also deserving.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net