ANST - Tied to the pole- feet to the flame

ruiz raruiz at vvm.com
Sun May 23 19:02:13 PDT 1999

Me and my husband lived in the outlands for about 11 months, and what I
liked about some of their events was they had winners choosen by populace
vote and judged.  That way the artisian's work was judged by the judges and
the populace had a chance to vote and let the artisians know what they
liked.  I am not a person who enters alot of A&S competitions but my
husband is. I know my husband likes to be judged so he can pick up tips and
learn more, but he also like it when the populace likes his work and votes
for him.  I also know that entering competitons against Laurels, and judged
by Laurels is exciting to him not frieghtening.
I believe that anyway you structure your A&S competition the bottom line is
who ever judges has to judge fairly and honestly.  Whether it is the
populace judging or Laurels.  Realisticly we know that people are not
always honest and and they are everywhere, on the list field, in the
circles and in the populace.  So yes,  groups could influence the out come
of popuace voting but no more than one person can in a judged competition.

I guess what I trying to say is we liked having it judged both ways in one
competition.

Melisenda