ANST - Mythical tourney styles

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon May 24 13:12:30 PDT 1999

Plachoya Sobaka wrote:
> I know that this was started with fighting in mind, but think about the
> archers. The tourney will be RR or even IKAC every one knows as soon as the
> archers line up who will win (most likly any how). Which is why I like to
> through in some different shoots. Ravens Fort new archery champion will be
> chosen by a hunt this Sat. come join in I will be one of the animals that
> you can try to kill. Be warned some of the animals can and may fight back.

Yes folks, those big, rainbow colored round targets are not period but they
are convenient.

For those thinking about putting on an archery shoot and who would like
to consider some other archery formats, with and without those big, rainbow
colored round targets, take a look at this file in the ARCHERY section of
my Florilegium:

arch-shoots-msg   (41K)  3/21/97    Different types of archery shoots.

While some of the descriptions given in the file are suggestions, many are
based on actual experiences.

This one in the ARCHERY-FAQ section might be useful for those thinking
of doing some clout-type shoots.
clout-shoot-FAQ   (14K) 12/ 4/96    Clout shooting in and outside the SCA.

My files can be found at:
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net