ANST - Gulf Wars Change of dates

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed May 26 17:20:37 PDT 1999

Pat Mullins wrote:
> It was my understanding that the scheduling of Gulf War was to be based on the date
>of St Patrick's day so that every few years it would switch back and forth
between the
>two Spring break weeks, allowing everyone a chance to attend every few years.

I remember this being discussed this year just after this past Gulf Wars. I can't
remember the exact reasoning right now, but I did put the message(s) discussing
this in my new file on the history of Gulf Wars. So for those who would like
to check this or read some other interesting stories about the history of the
Gulf Wars event, check out this file in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of
my Florilegium:
GW-history-msg    (18K)  4/16/99    Histories of the SCA Gulf Wars event.

My Florilegium is at: http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net