ANST - [Fwd: RN- Gulf War date corrections]

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu May 27 10:27:21 PDT 1999

> Somehow i think putting the host's needs first comes into play when the
> guest is not _paying_ for the privilege of attending an event on the
> host's property. In the scenario of GW the more accurate terms, in my
> opinion, would be owner (as opposed to "host") and customer (as opposed to
> "guest") and, as we all know, in the realm of business the _customer_ is
> right.

ahhh .. but if the site availability is dictated by the "hosts" ability to be
there ... no hosts = no site = no war at all at that location.  since there
seems to a be lack of large improved sites nationwide and a waiting list for
available weekends, i someone doubt that the owners would suffer much if they
had to find other tenants more easily managed.

case in point ... when you pay for access to *any* venue, you agree to follow a
set of the owners rules.  you break those rules, the owner can eject you and
has no obligation to refund your payment for access.  acceptance of your money
does not place you above the rules of the house legally or ethically (in this
case schedule of available access)

as for us being "customers" (hate the new, PC, "business speak" mindset where
everyone is someone elses "customer" in order to shift responsibilty up and
down the chains ... ) we are still "guests" on someone elses site irrespective
of whether or not we pay for access to that site.  simply changing the label
does not automatically empower a "customer" with a new set of rights that
transcends those of the owner or their agents.  about the only real right a
"customer" has is the right to "vote with ones feet" and take ones business
elsewhere.

seems you can try to spend enrgy changing this system to ones advanatge (the
gulf war and all it's seemingly increasing problems ... real or percieved ????
) or spend the energies developing suitable "back-yard solutions" ... ie:
locating and developing a central inter-kingdom site ... which would be really
useful down the way when the regions start developing their own consciousness
(a metaphysical way of looking at it) and start warring / competing amongst
themselves ....

face it, events / organizations can outgrow their initial sites for many
reasons - size, organizational changes, etc and have to find other/bigger
places.  it's a natural growth / evolutionary thing more than anything else.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)